2019-20 Reflections Deadlines
Welcome to the Pennsylvania PTA's 2019-20 Reflections program, featuring the theme of "Look Within." Here are the deadlines for this year's program. Please be sure to meet ALL deadlines, as delays at any level affect the following levels of judging. Please understand that Reflections chairs at all levels can disqualify entries that are received after the stated deadlines and/or do not meet the stated requirements.
October 25, 2019* → Deadline for local units (at the school level) to receive entries from students
(allows for 4 weeks for local unit judging to take place)
* Local units can set their deadline for a date earlier than October 25 but NOT later than that date
November 22, 2019 → Deadline for local units to advance up to 5 of their top entries in each art category/grade
division to the Council level (or to the Region level if your PTA does not belong to a Council)
(allows for 4 weeks for council judging to take place)
December 20, 2019 → Deadline for Councils to advance the top 3 winners in each art category/grade division to the
Region Reflections Chair
(allows for 4 weeks for regional judging to take place)
January 17, 2020 → Deadline for Regions to advance the top 3 winners in each art category/grade division to the
State Reflections Chair
Local units that are not in a Council MUST submit their winners directly to their Region Reflections Chair by November 22, 2019. You CANNOT delay advancing non-council entries as Region Reflections Chairs must have them judged before they are merged with any entries advancing from any Councils in the region. You can find the name of your Region Reflections Chair by clicking on your Region number on the PA PTA website (www.papta.org). If you don't know your region number, please use the link provided in the "Contents" column on the left of the Reflections page.
Region Reflections Chairs judge all non-council entries from the local units as a group and then forward only the top 3 entries in each art category/grade division to be judged with the same number of entries that have advanced from any councils in the region for the regional judging.
Chairman are responsible for delivering their advancing entries to the chair of the next level of judging and for retrieving them after the judging is completed. The ONLY exception to this rule is for 3-D visual arts entries, which are NEVER to leave the local school. ALL 3-D visual arts entries that are advancing MUST be represented by only 3 photographs, taken from 3 different angles, which are to be provided by the student. Do NOT send any 3-D visual arts entries on to ANY next level of judging. Council and/or regional chairs should refuse to accept any actual 3-D visual arts entries.
The first place winners in each art category/grade division at the state level are submitted to the national level of judging by March 1st. National PTA usually announces its winners on May 1st.
Please remember the following rules, as any errors can result in a disqualification:
- The entire student entry form MUST be fully completed and clearly written (including an address, phone number and email address). Missing and/or illegible information will result in the student's entry being disqualified.
- ALL students MUST sign their forms. If unable to write their full name, students should write what they can for a signature or at least make a mark (even an "X").
- The artist statement is MANDATORY. Please don't risk being disqualified by not providing one.
- 2-D visual arts entries CANNOT exceed 12" x 16" (including matting). Entries larger than those dimensions will be disqualified.
- Literature entries MUST include a word count on the entry form.