About PTAPTA is the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. A not-for-profit association of parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in their schools and communities, PTA is a leader in reminding our nation of its obligations to children.
The Pennsylvania PTA represents a diverse membership and is comprised of members who are actively involved in providing children and youth with various programs and advocating on their behalf.A PTA has:
- Access to an established network of volunteers at the local, state, and national levels who help one another and share resources, ideas, and projects
- Handbooks from the state and National PTA
- Representation on state and national level coalitions working for the benefit of children and youth
- Free membership materials from the state and National PTA
- Leadership training opportunities at the annual convention, summer leadership conference, and regional training workshops
- Important resources available from the state PTA, including PTA in Pennsylvania, President's Mailings and cooperating organizations