Pennsylvania PTA Cultural Awareness in Family Engagement Mini-Grant
Application deadline: Friday, November 16, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Summary: Win a $500 grant from the PA PTA and 2 registrations, 2 tickets to the Saturday night banquet and 1 free night stay (1 room only) at the 2019 PA PTA state convention. Simply design your own program that effectively engages the diverse cultures in your school and community.
Family Engagement in Education
Decades of research prove that when families are actively involved in their child’s education student achievement improves, students earn higher grades and test scores, they have fewer disciplinary referrals, and schools get better as a result.
About the PA PTA Cultural Awareness in Family Engagement Mini-Grant
Purpose and Scope: The cultural awareness mini-grant aims to:
1. Increase the capacity of local PTA units to design programs that are receptive to culturally diverse families.
2. Provide incentives that foster a spirit of inclusivity and acceptance of all cultures.
Funding: This Mini-grant is a non-sponsored award in the amount of $500. One mini-grant will be awarded. The requested grant amount and timeline should be designed to fit the needs described in the proposal.Eligibility: All PTA units in good standing as of September 30, 2018To be considered a PTA in “good standing”, YOUR PTA MUST:
- Have bylaws approved according to Pennsylvania PTA procedures
- Remit a portion of your state and national dues by September 30, 2018
- Submit local registration form to state office no later than June 15, 2018
- Forward a copy of your latest 990, 990N, or 990EZ to the state office, as required by IRS regulations
- Forward a copy of your 2017-2018 audit report to the state office
2018 Pennsylvania PTA Cultural Awareness in Family Engagement Mini-Grant Application
Selection Process and Criteria: In this competitive process, proposals will undergo review by members of the PA PTA Family Engagement Committee.
Selection criteria include:
· Originality, quality and feasibility of proposed program
· The direct link to at least 2 of the National PTA’s Standards for Family School Partnerships
· Participation from students, parents, teachers, school staff and the community
Post Reward Requirements: Grantees will be required to submit a project and budget report at project completion and share their experiences at the 2019 Pennsylvania PTA Convention.
· PTA name and unit number
· Name, title, and contact information of applicant
· Principal’s Name (Printed)
· Principal signature
· PTA president’s Name
· PTA president’s signature
· Program description (please include):
- What do you plan to do?
- When/where is your program going to take place?
- How does your program meet at least 2 of the National PTA’s Standards for Family School Partnership?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- How does your program benefit students, families, school and community?
Submissions are due electronically to email@example.com or may be faxed to the state office at 717-564-9046 (you must first call 717-564-8985 to request fax line) by November 16, 2018 no later than 3:30 pm
Applicants will be notified of award decisions by December 14, 2018.Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org