PENNSYLVANIA PTA STATE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WHAT IS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS?
The state board manages the affairs of the Pennsylvania PTA and is composed of:Elected Officers – President, President-Elect, Secretary, and TreasurerRegion DirectorsChairmen of Standing Committees – Arts in Education, Bylaws & Policies, Membership & Extension, Legislation & Advocacy, Family Engagement, and Health & Safety.Consultants to the Board – are not voting members of the board, but are individuals the president calls upon for guidance in various areas.
WHAT DOES THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DO?
The Board of Directors:
· Conducts the business of the Pennsylvania PTA between conventions
· Develops programs and policies for the state and promotes the mission of PTA
· Adopts and revises the state PTA budget
· Provides service to local units and councils upon request
· Represents PTA on committees and coalitions at the state level
· Informs and educates through articles in PTA in Pennsylvania, and conducts workshops at leadership training events
· Serves on committees at the state level, such as resolutions, legislation and leadership.