PENNSYLVANIA PTA STATE BOARD OF MANAGERS
WHAT IS THE STATE BOARD OF MANAGERS?
The state board manages the affairs of the Pennsylvania PTA and is composed of:Elected Officers – President, President-Elect, Secretary, and TreasurerRegion DirectorsChairmen of Standing Committees – Arts in Education, Bylaws & Policies, Membership & Extension, Legislation & Advocacy, Family Engagement, Health & Safety, Resource Development, and Technology & Social Media.Consultants to the Board – are not voting members of the board, but are individuals the president calls upon for guidance in various areas.
WHAT DOES THE STATE BOARD OF MANAGERS DO?
The state Board of Managers:
· Conducts the business of the Pennsylvania PTA between conventions
· Develops programs and policies for the state and promotes the mission of PTA
· Adopts and revises the state PTA budget
· Provides service to local units and councils upon request
· Represents PTA on committees and coalitions at the state level
· Informs and educates through articles in PTA in Pennsylvania, and conducts workshops at leadership training events
· Serves on committees at the state level, such as resolutions, legislation and leadership.